Wednesday 12 June 2013

My more then magical journey at Anime North 2013

The line always with that God damn line. So massive stretching back so far; twisting and turning like the great snake. Each of its components are variable in their style like visual art trying to be poetry.

 Lucky me!

I'm popular I'm in the know with the people who are truly dedicated to this event, excluding the volunteers of course they do far more then is asked of them. I slip in beside them quickly and with a few spoken words, as a lover does when one has been out too late. For me the long wait has become shorter. The snake has eaten some of itself, and I rejoice in this beautiful cosmic coincidence. Thanks John; you're the man. Now playing the part of a gentle gypsy I get my friends in behind me and we are all set for a wonderful..... soul discovering..... manic inducing weekend.

RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
I'm way to high! My red energy is exploding out of my pours, as I sweat and swell from the over use of my arms. My arms twisting and turning to from the chain and into the ball that I create with my hands flowing energy into the DJ flowing energy into the other dancers. For I am a the dancing sun can you can feel my
warmth? Down to only a few lights blue, and white... I feel Celtic. The rest of the lights given away on a whim to friends and strangers but all of them very cute. =3
Then I see her and her energy is just snaking its way into mine she bounces and pops her way into my hearts heart. Her protector is still with her I know this feeling as I was one before. I entrance her with my lights but she pulls me in to a vortex of lust with her teeth, her smile. That delightful little tongue darting out to to glaze over her now perfected smile. Her eyes hold on to my light, but I know her true eyes are really on her protector; her Mike. Alas I was not even able to make it last ten minutes before she is called away. Infatuation some would call it... love at first sight I prefer.

RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
 We all pile into The Vermilion Sage's small two room hotel at the Residence Inn. One room filled with love of desire the other filled with the love of peace. Some making the final steps of their psychedelic journey. Their hike through their own psych finally winding down as revelation after revelation beats like a drum into their minds shaping and sculpting their thoughts and emotions. As tired psychonauts finally try to get some sleep. Purple&Black sit with her hood covering her face listening but not seeing. Sitting against the pure white wall. These walls... what have they seen, and what have they heard. Deals being made, shouts of lust and anger? Only the walls truly know but they cannot communicate. No they are bound by their creator; bound never to speak, never to see, never to feel, but only to exist in time in the place they were put.

A master of jump style or as I like to call it the troll dance. Evan bounces into my direction. We never talk but we are aware of each others existence. Like two charged sub atomic particles. Bouncing one way only to shuffle off in the other direction. Eric walks through the crowd like a ghost a massive smile consuming his face to remind me to keep happy as the world watches us dance. The otaku's form another one of their repetitive dance lines,  an homage to the Happy Hardcore that is blasting their faces off. I see it as a battle. A battle between the forces of individuality and the common pull to follow the leader. Three liquidizer verse ten men and women all lined up in a militaristic formation of dance. The Jump-stylists bounce and hop around the edges feeding their energy into the battle that rages on. Some leave some join but in the end all become ravers.

RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE
RAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVERAVE

The rave is over. The musical weaponry we have used turns on us, and we are forced to shut down early. No matter I shall keep the party going, and RAVE IN THE DOUBLE TREE!. A secret is passed around. A place to go after the rave. Where the rave doesn't end it just keeps going and going and going and going....
But alas I do find this mystical room of soundproofing and DJing for I am having the time of my life just raving outside the good ol' hentai room.


And then I met him, its so good it almost brings a tear to my eye. My new friend, my poetry buddy, my angel of death. T'Van the raver for Montreal, and we continue to dance into the night giving light shows to our favorite beats. "WHERES IAN" I hear screamed in my mind. "WHERE DID HE GO.... I MUST HEARD ALL OF THESE CATS BY MYSELF?!" its deafeningly loud.  I pop my head back inside and the pressure radiating off of Craig begins to ease. Its time to leave the double tree its time to go back to the sleepless den that we call home for three days. With the walls.... the walls... that live only to be.

We all pile into the small front room again and throw on some beats that will be playing at Kawaii Bass. The J-core's beautiful yet nonsensical lyrics float over the repetitive beats of the hardcore keeping the song wrapped up tight like a tiger.

A Phone Call..... "Hello? Yea umm hat the yes sooo what umm where?? hat hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
its so funny its all so funny come pick me up are the Crown."

"Umm I think we have to go pick up that little astronaut girl." I volunteer, I'm sober, I have the best chance at doing this I reason in my head.

Do I go alone? do I take Van? why am I doing this? Fuck it I'm leaving, Give me that card and I'm out.

Walking to the Crown hotel I have DJ Dynamic playing in my pocket, and its giving me the confidence to do what needs to be done. Shes not there... I walk around the hotel... it was the crown right? I go in. I go out. I go back in. I decide leave. As I'm walking back and forth pacing between my decision should i look harder? Have I done all that I can do? A man walks past me he ask "whats your problem?" I think to myself this man could be anyone a politician, a chemist, a neurosurgeon, a spy,  a Buddhist monk. What am I doing spending so much energy deciding if i should keep looking for this little astronaut girl. I've done what has been asked of me.... I went above the terms of service. I reply "I am caught in a crossroads good sir, do I continue to look for my friend or do I go back in hopes that she has found her way".

"Huh, good luck with that" he answers. His answer shook me to my very core. I have thought about the global conscience, the beauty of nature, the sorrows of death and loss. The Undefinable power of man and woman to face adversity and to remain pure to their heritage, to their morals, to their sense of worth. I have created gods in my mind and formed powers that will never exists expect in my own imagination. I have contemplated what it means to die and to be reborn, to hide and to seek, to lead and to follow. To reach out into our nature's blossoming womb and feel the loving embrace of our  mother and creator. AND I'M PACING BACK AND FORTH OVER SOME GIRL I BARLEY KNOW TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS RIGHT.


I turn right I go back to the hotel. I whip out the card and slide it into the perfectly made slot. The door opens without a second guess. I ride the elevator up to the top floor, and walk over to the door that is holding in all of the fun and debauchery. There stands the little astronaut and her Shiver. She is pounding on the door asking The Vermilion Sage to come out of the room.  The Sage does come out of the room.... his room... inside our room. I don't know how long this had been going on, but i chuckle myself. I stand behind these two and troll them with my silence.

"They wont let us in!" Astronaut girl cries.
"Don't worry I have the card"

I hold open the door but they don't go in. While holding the door open they shout from inside "CLOSE THE DOOR!" I go In..... well what they hell was that all for. I go back out. They are talking hush hush nothing bad hush hush. I go back in. I go back out. "Can you give us some time alone?" Shiver asks. For some reason I say "No". I open the door and astronaut girl walks in leaving me and Shiver standing outside. He moves his face into mine. His white hair drips down into view, his baby blue eyes are shaking seeking something. Seeking something I did not know existed. He says "I see your soul: you are a poet, an artist, a writer of words, a scribbler of nonsensical art. Know this we will meet again". He turns and leaves, I take the card from my wallet and enter again into the Palace of Peace.

Astronaut girl is sitting on the bed. Van is getting ready for his light shows passing around his magical gloves to all of those who want to give it a try. I plop down on the cool tile floor Dj Dynamic still playing from my pocket. I give the phone to Hope and van goes at it again twirling and whirling his magical fingers in a blur of color and pattern. Massages come up next; my arms burn from liquidizing for so long. Van and his magical fingers rub and massage my arms till they feel as loose as a wizards sleeve. Van even gets Purpletastic's shirt off for a friendly warm professional rub down. They break out some kind of oil and spread it all over my back, and my back is massaged for so long I get a nice Indian burn. I gift from the Hicky sisters.

As everyone in the outer room tries to fall asleep. The door still blocks us from what is going on in the other room. The door that when ever it open receives high pitch sequels of interest and shock. As I try to sleep under the bed I can't help but notice an arm resting so nostalgically on mikes chest. I cry in my mind's eye and fall asleep.

It Sunday. THE DAY OF THE NINJA! The last day of Anime North. I'm fucking beat. 10 hours of sleep over 3 days has left my mood in a pressured stance I'm just waiting to explode. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Oh hello Van! 

Here comes Van my hero is shinny armor, my angle of death who lost his most beloved sword. Wield me I scream in my mind. Let us have some fun! o.O

"What you wanna do Ian"
"I wana play Ninja"
"Well how do we play ninja"
"Well we need some more people Van"
"Ok go run over there are ask some people"
"Nah I can't talk to them"
"Why not?"
"Ummm errr well I have a problem talking to pretty women"
"So you have no problem talking to everyone else?"
My eyes widen I turn and run to the nearest group "Hey do you want play NINJA!?"
"No"
Van suggests someone new he points to a group of people. "Hey do you wana play ninja?" I ask
"Nah man we are too hungover"
"Ok how about chess!" I reply, as I whip out my chess board and set up all the pieces then run off to ask more people to play my favorite game. We finally find one person, and he goes off to try to find some more. I take off like a ninja and run to Tim Ellis "Yo we are playing ninja you should come". Then like a buzzing bee I fly off again.

Van yells "Hey Ian what the hell are you doing you are suppose to be playing ninja"
"I was getting more people"
"And how many did you get?"
"Well none I suppose"
"Looks like your losing" he responds quickly.

There is a group of people now ready to play and some curious looking fellows wearing towels and bathrobes standing around. So how do we get this started I try yelling "WHO WANTS TO PLAY NINJA" no one responds. I try again "WHO WANTS TO PLAY NINJA". Nothing.... The towel masters say to just go into the pavement and start playing.... I'm trying to lead them in that direction, but I am far to manic now to lead anything I am a being a pure cause and effect. Trying so hard to please the world around me. Trying so hard to keep the world together. Trying so hard to have an effect. Trying so hard not to die alone. Trying so hard not be lonely. I return to my chess game.

The player has changed and some pieces have moved I move a random piece and go back. By now everyone is in the parking lot ready to play. I have the time of my life balancing my Red (serotonin) energy by playing ninja and chess at the same time. I run back and forth playing neither very well but loving every moment. Those who win at playing; rarely play to win.

Did I mention I had cat ears on this entire time... I end up giving them away to a girl I never knew but she was with the chess players... I hear in the distance " I guess that mean you win" I didn't even know there was a cat ear game. But I think this is a pretty cool idea =3

I talk to some game designers, and it rounds off my weekend.

I leave and its turning into Monday.

I'm still manic still haven't slept. Listening to Reactor Core again, and a Date with Bass by Riffy. The computer says the music has been muted but I still hear it in my headphones.... I start to think something may be wrong. I go into work anyway. Giving people a liquid hello, shuffling across the floor and raving the fuck out in the walk-in fridge. I didn't want the party stop everyone was here with me we were all still going we were all still so RED and full of energy.It  took me till midnight to finish all my tasks. There is a sign in the backroom which read Happy Birthday Nadz... whos nadz? Am I Nadz?? I kinda like Nadz GO NADZ GO NADZ GO NADZ GO.

I wander away from work when I am done. A wizard enters my mind tells me about the rules of wizardry. What I must do and what I must never do. I go back home, and my family picks me up to go to the hospitable. Back to Toronto. So beings the saga of my journey through The Center of Addiction and Mental Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment